Be our sous chef
We’re on the hunt for a Sous Chef to join our busy kitchen team for the Maldon High Street location.
We’re a fast paced business and you must be able to work well under pressure. The main focus of the role is to produce great food and maintain a high standard of service and cleanliness. You’ll assist the Head Chef in the smooth running of our kitchens, have input in creating evening & specials menus and deputise in their absence.
Whilst we enjoy mostly daytime work, we do open once a fortnight for an evening event which you’ll be expected to work.
This is a full time position including 1 weekend day a week, with flexibility required for annual leave cover. Current working days are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Sunday. With Tuesdays and Saturdays off.
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and the role may develop over time. Applicants of interest will be invited in for an informal interview, followed by a paid trial shift.
Use the form below to apply or scroll down to read more.
Why join the Mrs Salisbury’s Team?
- Mrs Salisbury’s is a local & independent family run business – and we’re so proud of our little (but ever-growing) team. We pay all our staff members above the national minimum wage and regularly review and increase hourly rates for all our team members.
- Tips are split out equally across all staff members through a TRONC scheme, and are very generous.
- Hourly salaries mean overtime is always paid.
- The majority of shifts are day time shifts meaning your evenings are completely yours – a rarity in this industry! (But we do host the occasional bistro evening or pop up bar which you would be expected to work on occasion.)
- For every 5 star review received we add money to the employee fun fund. Which can be used towards employee days out, gifts etc.
- There are plenty of opportunities for career development and progression. We can help you work out a path to your goal.
- We’re genuinely a nice bunch of people and we understand that sometimes life is tough. Our business and all our team members support each other both at work and outside too. Bullying, harassment and discrimination is never tolerated – not even from our customers. Our staff are proud to work here, and we’re proud to have them. So if you think you’re the perfect fit for our team why not send in your CV using the form below?