Once set, you can manage your preferences at any time by using the cookie settings button.
These are the cookies that are required for our website to work properly, usually for things such as logging in. These cookies are always enabled but do not collect any personal data. You can disable all cookies in your browser but this website may not perform correctly.
1) cookie-gdpr-settings - used to remember your cookie settings on this device.
2) wordpress_logged_in_xxx - This cookie is used to indicate when you’re logged in, and what account you are logged in to.
3) wordpress_test_cookie - This cookie tests whether cookies can be set in your browser.
4) wp-settings-1, wp-settings-time-1 - This cookie is used to customise your view of the website depending on your settings.
5) PHPSESSID - As you browse through the pages on this site, the session cookie tells the website that you are the same person requesting the web pages and not a new visitor to each page.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to identify error pages and the most or least common pages. This allows us to know the best content to send to our visitors. All information these cookies collect is anonymous. You can turn these off at any time.
1) _ga - Used to distinguish users.
2) _gid - Used to distinguish users.
3) _gat - Used to throttle request rate.
4) gadwp_wg_default_dimension - uses a fraction of the data that is collected by Google Analytics cookies and is used by system administrators.
5) gadwp_wg_default_dimension, gadwp_wg_default_metric & gadwp_wg_default_swmetric - uses a fraction of the data that is collected by Google Analytics cookies and is used by system administrators.
We’ve made some changes to our service to protect our guests and staff, we like to call it the ‘new normal’.
Dining in our high street tea room
We pride ourselves on our service and that’s what we’ve tried to maintain as best we can.
Opening times remain the same: Monday-Saturday, 9am-4pm.
When you arrive, you’ll be asked to queue outside our front door, socially distanced behind the rope barriers. We’ll do our best to get you seated as soon as we can, but please be patient as we get used to the new system.
This is where we will ‘check-in’ our guests.
We’re following government guidelines as best we can, and so to assist with contact tracing we will be keeping a record of every guest that visits us. You’ll be asked to provide one contact per table (name, phone number & email address). Your details are stored securely online in the same way they would be if you make a table reservation, we’re fully GDPR compliant. This is mandatory for all guests.
Each guests will be asked to sanitise their hands before being seated.
Once you have checked in, we’ll show you to a table inside or outside, we have seating in Bright’s Path and the Bright’s Path Garden. We’ll give each table a disposable menu to order from. We’ll be operating a complete table service, this means ordering at the table and asking for a bill at the table. You won’t be able to pay at the till as before.
Our maximum table size is 6.
Our inside dining areas are quite small, most tables have been removed and you’ll notice ‘no waiting’ floor stickers in the walkways and entrance. Our inside bathroom will remain closed to ease congestion, guests will be able to use the courtyard bathroom using the distanced queuing system.
As you’ll understand, we’re doing everything we can to keep our loyal team safe. This includes providing an additional kitchen area & staff toilet among other precautions. For our team to distance safely, shifts have been staggered, meaning we have less kitchen staff over the lunch period, so your patience at busy times will be greatly appreciated.
Our reservation policy remains the same.
We only take reservations for Afternoon Tea which can be made over the phone or online.
MRS S in the park
Our pop-up Tea Room in Maldon Promenade Park is proving a great success, if you haven’t visited yet, you’re missing out! We’re open 7 days a week from 8.30am-5.30pm. You’ll soon be able to sit at our tables, but not just yet! Prebook an Afternoon Tea Picnic Box here and view a sample menu here.
afternoon tea takeaway & delivery service
This service is still available. Order to collect from the Tea Room 7 days a week, or for weekend delivery.
Our nationwide fresh afternoon tea hamper service launches very very soon so keep an eye out for that!
a quick note on gift vouchers, credits & deposits
Lots of you will have expired vouchers from whilst we were closed, these have been extended to the end of October.
All gift vouchers, credits & deposit balances can be used in the ‘Tea Room’, ‘In The Park’ or against an ‘Online Order’. Please send us an email or give us a call with the voucher number and we’ll get everything sorted as soon as we can.